The World Health Organization Recruitment for 2023 and 2024. Apply for the WHO Recruitment 2023 position through the official application portal. A career and job vacancy portal is launched.
In this article, we’ll give you crucial information on how to apply for the current WHO hiring process as well as other pertinent details that will help you submit a winning application.
You will understand what is necessary of you after reading this article to advance through the recruitment process and differentiate yourself from the competition.
This chance might be a necessary first step in achieving your objectives. So keep reading to find out more about applying and the opportunities that are available to you.
Job Opportunities at WHO
A specific UN agency tasked with overseeing global public health is the World Health Organization.
We provide a vibrant, global work environment with a diverse workforce, chances for professional growth, and a competitive benefits package. In order to allow staff members the chance to work in various regions of the world, WHO has a mobility policy.
We give professionals a special chance to support human health around the world and help save lives. Candidates hired by the WHO for an international fixed-term position may be assigned to any of the organization’s activities or duty locations around the world.
We cordially invite you to investigate the numerous opportunities and advantages of joining WHO.
You May Also Like: NAFDAC Recruitment
Who We Need
There are two key types of staff at WHO:
- Directors (D) or Professional (P) who are internationally recruited and
- General (G) or National Professional (NPO) staff who are recruited locally for both selected or short-term positions.
- We also run internships and chances for junior professional officers (JPOs).
The World Health Organization is dedicated to achieving workforce diversity and seeks to achieve a wide representation of citizens from our member countries. Candidates from developing nations and gender equality are given particular consideration.
All posts are filled in accordance with WHO’s competency model. A competitive process is used to choose the staff.
So, to work for health, we’re looking for individuals who are talented and motivated.
Application Requirements for WHO Recruitment 2023
For consideration as a candidate for employment with the World Health Organization, candidates must meet the following criteria:
For Professional positions
- Effectual teamwork and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and good working knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
- An understanding of policy issues and a keen interest in public health.
- Useful analytical skills.
- Experience at the federal and international levels in your area of expertise.
- A university degree as well as a postgraduate specialization in a health- or management-related field, relevant to WHO’s work.
- Must have 1 to 15 years of relevant adventures
For General Service Positions
- Education: Secondary, technological or commercial school
- Language qualifications: Very good control of one official language. Knowledge of a second and third vocabulary will be a counted benefit.
- Prospects under the age of 20 and above the age of 62 will not be considered for any empty position.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users who do not indicate a willingness to stop smoking.
- Should you share any issues with the submission of your application, please email WHO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beware of scams. WHO will never ask for money for recruitment purposes.
Steps to Apply for World Health Organization Recruitment
If you satisfy the requirements, the World Health Organization is dedicated to forming a lasting partnership with you.
Our hiring procedure is multi-step and takes several months to complete. Some of the steps include screening, interviews, written tests, and assessment centers.
Below is a quick guide for candidates applying for a vacancy at WHO.
To apply for a position on the official job portal, you must first create an account. Follow the steps below to set up an account:
- Visit the official career page at http://www.who.int/careers.
- Click Vacancies – external candidates access.
- On the horizontal bar at the top of the page, click Sign In.
- On the Login page, click New user.
- Read the Privacy Agreement and click I accept.
- Enter your Username, E-mail address, and Password.
- Click Register.
You will have a distinct account once you have successfully created one.
- You should start with concluding your general profile before applying for a vacuity.
- If you already have an account, enter your unusual login information to begin the application procedure.
Creating/ Updating Your Profile
- Click the down arrow beside your name, then click Profile.
- Click the My Jobpage tab, then click on the Access my profile button on the right-hand side of the page.
- On the Job Search tab, find the vacancy titled General Profile then click the Apply button.
- On the Job Search tab, find the vacancy to which you would like to apply, then click the Apply button.
Completing Your profile
Fill out the following fields under the “My Jobpage” tab:
- Personal data
- Eligibility questions
- Job specific inquiries
- Work profile (Click Add/Update entry to add or modify records)
- Cover letter
- e-Signature (for external candidates only)
One of the following options will appear once you have finished a section of your profile:
- Click Save and continue to move to the next section.
- Click Save as Draft, then clicks Yes, to complete your profile at a later time.
Searching for Vacancies
- On the search bar at the top of the page, enter a keyword or location, or both. Click Search.
- Refine the search results by selecting the checkboxes at the left side of the page. The filters include location, job field, function, job type, etc.
- Rearrange the order of the search results by selecting the options below the search bar.
Applying for a vacancy
- Click the job title to view the full details of the position.
- Click Apply Online to begin the application process. If you have not yet logged in, you will be asked to do so.
- Review that the information in your profile is true before you submit your application.
See Also: SON Recruitment
Check Other Ongoing Recruitments in Nigeria Right Now;
World Health Organization recruitment Update
We occasionally update this portal with the most recent information on the World Health Organization recruitment drive. Visit this website frequently if you want to stay informed about the hiring process.
In case the authorities make any changes, we also advise you to bookmark or save this page and to refresh it frequently. We’ll keep you updated as soon as that happens.
Use the comment section below to ask any questions you may have about the WHO’s recruitment for the years 2023–2024, and we will do our best to respond.