Recruitment for the United Nations in 2023: Applicants from all over the country who are interested may apply at www.careers.un.org. Please read this article through to the end for all the information you need to submit a successful application.
This article will also go over the fundamentals of applying for UN jobs in 2023, including how to apply for entry-level UN jobs, UN internship careers, UN jobs in Nigeria, and UN jobs in Africa.
This article includes information on UN job openings, application forms, the career portal www.careers.un.org, requirements, how to apply, start/end dates, and other relevant details.
Hello and welcome to Vacancy News. We have emphasized all the crucial information about UN recruitment as well as the open job vacancies in this article today that you should be aware of.
Is United Nations Currently Recruiting?
The UN is still accepting applications for the class of 2023. People interested in UN employment should visit the www.careers.un.org website to learn more about the positions available and to submit an application.
We have made it easier for you by providing a comprehensive list of the positions that are currently open, the requirements, and, of course, instructions on how to apply.
UN Internship Jobs 2023
A United Nations internship could be a great place to start if you want to work in public policy or diplomacy.
The purpose of the internship is to give you first-hand knowledge of the working environment at the UN daily. You will get the chance to collaborate with our staff members directly.
As a member of our team, you will interact closely with excellent and motivating career experts, senior management, attend high-profile conferences, take part in meetings, and contribute to analytical work and UN organizational policy.
Additionally, you will first accept the level of responsibility you can handle; however, the opportunity for growth is entirely up to you.
Can you work as an intern with the United Nations?
- Are you in your first university degree program’s final academic year (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)? , or have you recently finished a graduate school program (second university degree or higher) or are you currently enrolled in one?
- Do you have a solid command of either English or French?
- Are you not a sibling or child of an employee of the UN Secretariat?
Vital Information About UN Internship 2023
- The internship program lasts for a minimum of two months and a maximum of six months. If you are selected, your internship must start either before or within a year of your graduation.
- Cost: Interns at the United Nations are not compensated. The interns or the organizations that are sponsoring them are responsible for paying for all travel, insurance, lodging, and living costs.
- Visa: You are in charge of obtaining and paying for the necessary visas.
- Travel: You are responsible for organizing and funding your trip to the United Nations office where you will be interning.
- Medical insurance: You are responsible for any costs associated with illnesses or accidents that occur while you are an intern and you must show proof of current major international medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You are required to maintain the privacy of all unpublished information that you gather while interning. You are also prohibited from publishing any documents that are based on this information.
- Accreditation: Your higher education institution may be able to grant you accreditation for your internship. Verify the requirements for academic credit for internships with your university.
Please apply directly through the links below if you are interested in internships with any of the other UN funds and programs listed. Or visit http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/unfpa-internship-programme for more information.
Vacant United Nations Jobs in Nigeria
- Assessment of Livelihoods and Markets
- Health Manager (MNCH), P4, Abuja, Nigeria, #83142-Fixed Term (Not For Nigerian Nationals)
- National Consultant (Monitoring & Evaluation)
- Education Officer,P2, ABUJA, Nigeria #108773-Fixed Term (Not For Nigerian Nationals)
- Administration Associate G6, Maiduguri
- Expert in Meal Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
- Specialist/Area Coordinator for Emergency Programs
For details on how to apply for a job, visit the Application Process page. To learn about recent changes to the application process.
Candidates, especially women, are urged to apply.
Application, interview, processing, training, and any other fees associated with the hiring process are not paid by the UN. Information about bank accounts is not of interest to the UN.
Other UN Job Openings in 2023
- Director of Senior Programme Management
- Secretary to the Commission
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems Regional Subprogramme Coordinator
- Associate Human Resources Officer
- Executive Director of the Environment and Development Policy Section
- senior officer for human rights
- Manager of the Information Center
- Scientific Affairs Officer
- Senior Political Affairs Officer
- Senior Interpreter, Russian
- Finance and Budget Officer
- Officer for Program Management
- Investment Officer
- Public Information Officer
- Officer in Charge of Program Management
Basic Requirements for United Nations Recruitment 2023
For the ongoing United Nations Recruitment to be successful, the following conditions must be satisfied.
- Candidates must present a valid form of identification that is accepted both domestically and abroad. Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Candidates must also have a minimum level of education, and those aiming for higher positions must have a degree or an equivalent.
- Candidates need to be knowledgeable, analytical, and prepared to adapt to a new working environment. Candidates who are computer proficient have an advantage.
- The applicant ought to belong to appropriate professional associations.
- Strategic and holistic thinking ability
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- outstanding abilities in management and leadership
- exemplary communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The candidate must be able to pay close attention to detail and be prepared to move to any location within the nation if necessary.
- The applicant should be a team player.
- He or she should be able to perform their duties with little to no oversight.
- The candidate should also have a solid understanding of the position that they are applying for. Candidate advantages are given to those with relevant work experience.
United Nations Recruitment 2023 Application procedures
- Search for UN Job opportunities
You can look for employment opportunities at the UN using the search engine on this page. Most job postings (also known as “position-specific job openings”) are for a single position at a specific office and duty station.
- Create a profile and put together an application
Before you can prepare an application, you must first register on this website (click here to register). You will be directed to your application’s home page after registering, where you can fill out and maintain your profile, application form, and all other information related to your application(s).
Making a user profile (My Profile) is the first thing you should do. Information about you, including your name, nationality, contact details, and marital status, can be found in my profile.
Furthermore, any changes you make to My Profile—such as updating your phone number or family status—are automatically reflected on all previous job applications you have submitted.
- Submit a job application
If you want to apply for a specific position after completing your application, click Add Job to Application. Depending on the job requirements, you will be asked to answer a series of questions that will give you the chance to highlight your skills and knowledge, describe published work that is relevant to the position, and describe any licenses, certificates, or training you have obtained.
Click Submit to submit the employment application when you are done.
The United Nations does not accept resumes as an attachment, and it is not a replacement for or addition to an online application. During the application process, you may be asked to submit additional information or documentation.
If your job application was submitted successfully, you will get an automated email acknowledgment. A further important point to remember is that once an application has been submitted, it cannot be changed to fit that particular job posting.
Each application you have made and sent, the list of job openings to which you have applied, the status of those applications, and more are all displayed under the My Applications tab.
- Evaluation of the application
Your application is evaluated by both required and preferred evaluation criteria, such as experience, education, and language proficiency. They are listed in the appropriate sections of the job description for the position you applied for as well as in the questions about the job requirements on the application form.
You will not be asked to participate in assessment activities or a competency-based interview unless it is determined that you meet all of the essential evaluation requirements and any additional desirable criteria that the hiring manager chooses to use for screening.
- Assessment exercise
The assessment exercises could also include a case study, written test, simulation exercise, or other suitable evaluation mechanism. You will be informed in advance of the evaluation’s nature, timing, and duration.
You will be informed if the exam results in your selection for a competency-based interview.
- Competency-based interview
The competency-based interview can be carried out in person, over the phone, or via video conference. You will be given advance notice of the appointment’s start time, end date, mode, and/or location.
In the course of the interview, you give us more information about the combination of skills, traits, and actions that are directly related to your successful work performance.
- Selection notification
A pool of qualified candidates is put forward for selection after the conclusion of several assessment rounds. Then, to make sure that the required procedures were followed correctly, any recommendations are evaluated by a fair review board made up of staff and management representatives.
The department head makes a selection after the review panel has given its approval to the recommended candidates, typically for one person or, if there are several openings, for the total number of positions.
If you are the chosen applicant for the job, you will be notified.
Steps to Successfully Apply for United Nations Recruitment 2023
- Visit the UN Careers Portal at www.careers.un.org.
- For UN Nigerian Job, visit: https://nigeria.un.org/en/jobs
- For an Internship, visit: http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/unfpa-internship-programme
- Click the “apply now” button next to the job you want to apply for.
- Click “Create an account here” to continue.
- Please provide the information that is required. Once logged in, complete the online application.
- All diplomas, both academic and professional, should be uploaded.
- Before submitting your application, proofread it.
Maintain professionalism and respect for diversity as the core values of the United Nations recruitment process in everything you do.
United Nations Recruitment Deadline
Depending on the position you are applying for, the deadline for UN recruitment varies. The bulk of the project is due by June 3, 2023. Prospective applicants are expected to submit their application form on or before the deadline.
Also, Apply For;
- United Nations Soldiers Recruitment 2023/2024 Peacekeeping Application Portal
- www.airforce.mil.zm Portal Login 2023/2024: ZAF Recruitment Login Portal
- moe.be.gov.ng Application Portal Login 2023 MOE Recruitment Update
- KWS Recruitment Online Application Portal
- British Army Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form
- www.recruitment.army.mil.ng Nigerian Army 2023 Recruitment Portal
- Namibian Police Force (NAMPOL) Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Portal
- British American Tobacco Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 BAT Application Procedures