Union members or their family members can apply for the ongoing Union Plus Scholarship application. Students who want to further their education can apply for the program and receive benefits ranging from $500 to $4,000 per year.
Check the scholarship requirements and see how you can apply for the Union Plus Scholarship Program.
About Union Plus Scholarship Application
The Union Plus Scholarship program is available to union members or family members who wish to start or continue their post-secondary education. About one hundred and eighty-nine (189) union members and their family members received Union Plus Scholarships worth $200,000 in 2022, ranging from $500 to $4,000.
Benefits Of Union Plus Scholarships
Students who get the scholarship awards will benefit from the yearly award program. The sums range from $500 and $4,000. These one-time financial prizes are for courses starting in the fall of 2023. Each year, students can reapply.
Union Plus Scholarships Requirements | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who wish to apply for the program must meet the eligibility criteria to qualify. Check below to see the scholarship requirements:
- All union members, active and retired, who partake in any Union Plus program, along with their spouses and dependent children (as defined by IRS rules), are eligible. Grandchildren must be a legal dependency to qualify (as defined by IRS regulations). Applicants, their spouses, or parents must have maintained continuous union membership for at least one year (if an applicant is a dependent). By May 31, 2023, meet the one-year minimum membership requirement.
- Participants must be union members from the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada.
- At the time they give out awards, the candidate must have gained admission into a college, university, community college, technical or trade school that is accredited by the United States. The 2023–2024 academic year is the deadline for using awards.
- Both graduate and undergraduate students may submit an application.
Required Document – What You Need To Apply
- One letter of recommendation from a professor or another adult who is knowledgeable about your accomplishments and skills.
- Two 350-word minimum essays are required.
- Details about the union. Name of the local union’s president or business manager, the name of the national or worldwide union, the local union’s number, its address, and its phone number.
Union Plus Scholarships Login
Create an account without stress or log in to begin your scholarship application. The login process is straightforward and hassle-free. To log in, provide your e-mail address and password.
How To Apply For Union Plus Scholarship
New or returning applicants can begin their application on the Union plus website. Create a profile or log in to apply for the program.
Follow the easy guide below to apply for the Union Plus Scholarship Program:
- Please click the “Create New Account” button below to start a new application. Make sure you create an account in the name of the scholarship candidate.
- Use your Login ID and Password to log in if you are an existing user returning to finish an application.
- Click “Forgot Password?” if you can’t remember your password. A first e-mail will ask you to change your password, and a second one will ask you to confirm the change. For the new password to take effect, you must confirm the modification.
- To ensure that e-mails we send to firstname.lastname@example.org reach you properly, add our domain to your Safe Senders list.
Union Plus Scholarship Application Deadline
Interested applicants must submit their applications by Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (midnight ET).
Union Plus Scholarship Timeline
Applications are open as of mid-June. The postmark deadline for a finished application is noon, Eastern Standard Time, on January 31 of the scholarship year. Applications received after this cutoff date won’t be taken into consideration.
You May Also Check
- Coolidge Scholarship Program | Application Guide
- 2023 Yale University Scholarships | Online Application
- 2023 Gates Scholarship Program | Fully Funded