MICT SETA Bursary Fund: Bursaries are awarded to worthy students pursuing careers in the ICT (Information and Communication Technology) industry by the MICT SETA (Media, Information, and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority), a South African organization. The main goal of the MICT SETA bursary program is to increase the number of highly qualified professionals in the ICT industry, which is essential in the current digital era.
About the MICT SETA Bursary Scheme
A bursary scheme is a program or financial aid scheme offered by a company, government agency, private foundation, or other organization to assist people in continuing their education. Unlike loans, bursaries are typically non-repayable and are awarded based on financial need, academic merit, or a combination of both. Making education more accessible to people who might face financial barriers is the main objective of a bursary program.
The MICT SETA bursary program offers financial support to students pursuing degrees in information technology, computer science, software engineering, and related fields. Textbooks, living expenses, tuition, and other study-related costs are all covered by the bursary.
What is the MICT SETA Bursary Amount?
The bursary amount varies according to the student’s financial needs and level of study. Up to 100% of tuition costs are covered by the MICT SETA bursary program, with an annual cap of R80,000. Accommodation and other study-related costs are also covered by the bursary, up to a maximum of R50,000 annually.
Who is Eligible for the MICTSETA Bursary Fund?
To qualify for the MICT SETA bursary program, candidates need to fulfill the following requirements:
1. Be a South African citizen
2. Have a valid South African ID
3. Be studying towards an ICT-related qualification at a recognized institution of higher learning in South Africa
4. Have a combined household income of less than R600,000 per year.
5. Have good academic performance
Along with academic transcripts and proof of enrollment, applicants must also submit a motivation letter outlining their qualifications for the bursary.
Steps to Apply for the Bursary Scheme
The steps below must be followed by applicants to apply for the MICT SETA bursary scheme:
1. Download the application form by going to the MICT SETA website.
2. Fill out the application and include the necessary paperwork.
3. Send the application and supporting documentation by email to email@example.com or the MICT SETA head office.
4. Await the MICT SETA’s review and decision regarding the application.
As a result, it is crucial to submit a thorough and attractive application that highlights the candidate’s educational background, financial requirements, and desire to work in the ICT industry.
Students pursuing ICT-related qualifications in South Africa can receive much-needed financial assistance through the MICT SETA bursary scheme. It pays for tuition, housing, textbooks, and other study-related costs. To be eligible for the bursary, candidates must fulfill the prerequisites and adhere to the application guidelines.
You May Also Check:
- PSETA Learnerships Online Application Portal
- ETDP SETA Bursary Scheme Application Portal
- BANKSETA Internship Online Application Portal
- NYDA Learnership Online Application | Apply Now
- SITA Learnerships Online Application | Apply Now
- SETA Learnerships Online Application | Apply Now
- CHIETA Learnerships Online Application | Apply Now
- ETDP SETA Internship Application Portal | Apply Online
- MICT SETA Internship Vacancies Online Application
- MICT SETA Learnership Programmes Online Application
- EWSETA Learnership Programme Online Application Portal
- FoodBev SETA Bursary Scheme | Download Application Form
Don’t forget to use the comment box if you have any questions regarding the MICT SETA Bursary Fund Online Application.