Get a chance to utilize your potential and become more of a leader. You can apply for a Marshall scholarship and impact your world. It is a huge chance to achieve your dreams and maintain steady relationships with people. Study any course at the graduate level in any U.k institution.
If you desire to move a step closer to developing your abilities, read through to get the information you need and how to apply.
About the Marshall Scholarships
The Marshall Scholarship funds young Americans to study for any degree in the United Kingdom. About 50 scholars get this chance to learn the course of their choice at a graduate level.
Marshall scholars are forthcoming leaders with a deep understanding of British society. They tend to build a strong bond between the Americans and the British. These scholars can be independent, gifted, and diverse. Their growth both intellectually and personally is enhanced by their time as Scholars. Their close ties to Britain through its top academic programs help them succeed personally in the end.
The primary objective of the Scholarship program is:
- To allow competent young Americans to study In the UK.
- To enable Scholars to understand modern Britain.
- To drive the expansion of knowledge in the humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and the creative arts at Britain’s centers of academic excellence.
- To inspire Scholars to serve as ambassadors for the USA in the UK.
- To build personal and academic excellence for every scholar.
Benefits of the Marshall Scholarship
Marshal Scholars who study in the UK can enjoy benefits from the program. The Marshall Scholarship covers necessary expenses for the scholars. Check the benefits below:
- University fees,
- cost of living expenses,
- annual book grant,
- hypothesis grant,
- research and daily travel grants,
- Travel fares to and from the United States and, where applicable,
- A contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse
The Number of Awards
The program awards 50 scholars every year.
The Tenure of the Award
The Two-Year Marshall Scholarship is valid for two academic years (i.e., 22 months). Although, the Commission may decide to extend it, not past the conclusion of a third academic year. The Commission only furthers a student’s third year if there are compelling justifications and enough finances are available.
Eligibility For The Marshall Scholarship Program
You can study any course in the UK if you can meet the demands of the Marshall Scholars.
Take note of the following qualification measures:
- Available to United States students who hold a first degree from a 4-year university.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.7.
- Candidates must have completed their undergraduate degree after April 2019 at an accredited college or university. That is if you wish to qualify for the tenable awards from October 2019.
Note; You cannot apply for a Marshall Scholarship if you are already pursuing or have earned a British degree or bachelors.
It is only open to the United States. Other countries or regions are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply For the Marshall Scholarship
Follow the step-by-step process and apply for the Marshall Scholarship program. Read the instructions before starting to avoid issues.
To apply for the program, take the simple steps below:
- Make applications in one of the eight(8) regions of the United States.
- Candidates are only permitted to apply in the region in which they have their primary residence, regular place of work, or enroll in a school.
Deadline For Application
The application will end in late September or early October of the year before the term (for receipt of applications in the appropriate regional center in the US).