Here is a chance to complete your ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship program. The online application portal is open for interested students. Plus, the fellowship is a fully funded program.
Learn all you need about the program, the eligibility criteria, benefits, and how to apply.
About Arturo Falaschi Fellowship
ICGEB offers exceptionally motivated scientists who want to do postdoctoral research in a top-tier scientific environment competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Life Sciences. The Fellowships include a stipend, health insurance, and other benefits in a highly attractive package. Upon completion, the top fellows will also be qualified to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to finance their own research programs as junior principal investigators once they return to an ICGEB Member State.
The ICGEB is a distinctive international organization first created as a special UNIDO initiative. Since becoming autonomous in 1994, it has operated over 45 cutting-edge laboratories in Trieste, Italy; New Delhi, India; and Cape Town, South Africa. It also collaborates with about 70 other Member States to build a network whose operations align with the United Nations System. It is essential to biotechnology’s promotion of high-caliber research, training, and technology transfer to industry in order to make a real difference in the direction of sustainable global development.
Benefits of the Arturo Falaschi Fellowship
Successful scholars that qualify for the program will have a lot of benefits. The Arturo Falaschi fellowship program will offer the following:
- Duration – Two(2) years, with the option of an additional year.
- Monthly stipend – Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Travel –The fellowship includes provisions for return travel when the fellowship is over and the travel costs from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the commencement of the fellowship.
- Throughout the fellowship, there is reimbursement for medical expenses.
- The research group’s funding will cover all costs related to research.
- Application and renewal fees for visas and permits of stay are covered.
- The Group Leader / PI typically offers support for attending meetings and courses.
Eligibility Requirements For Arturo Falaschi Fellowship
To qualify for the fellowship, applicants must meet the requirement. Meeting these requirements will make the scholar eligible for the program.
See the eligibility requirements below:
- Applicants must be citizens of an ICGEB Member State and are not eligible to apply for fellowships to be completed in their home country unless they have been employed abroad for at least the previous three years at the time of application.
- Candidates must have a recent Ph.D. in the life sciences or at least three years of research experience.
- Candidates under 35 years old are preferred.
Also, they will require you to upload the following documents below:
- Your complete CV
- Academic data (Ph.D. degree certificate, issued by the degree-granting University and carrying the official seal(s) and signature(s); must submit each document in its original language along with an official English translation).
- A written statement from the ICGEC leader
- A reliable form of identification (passport or identity card)
- English Diploma (TOEFL, Cambridge, or similar). They don’t need this paperwork if you’re studying in English for an academic degree.
The primary selection criteria for the program includes the following:
- The project’s scientific excellence, the candidate’s qualifications, and the possible benefit to the applicant’s home nation.
- The candidates will be informed of the results by email as soon as feasible after the application deadline.
How To Apply For Arturo Falaschi Fellowship
Take the procedures involved to submit your application without complications. And the application process is straightforward. Follow the step-by-step process to apply:
- Go to the official website
- Create an account
- Complete the application form
- And, submit
Application Deadline for Falaschi Fellowship
The application is currently up and running. The application deadline will be on the 30th of September, 2023.