Would you like to obtain the HELB loan application form 2023/2024 from the Higher Education Loans Board? Is the HELB Portal accessible? Yes, the form is available online via the registration portal, www.helb.co.ke.
- HELB Loan Application Form 2023/2024
- Requirements for HELB Loan Application 2023
- Is the HELB Portal open for the 2023 Application?
- Is the HELB Loan Application Still Ongoing in 2023?
- How to Apply for HELB Student Loan 2023
- HELB Loan Application Deadline 2023
- Who is eligible for a HELB Subsequent Loan?
- What are the application methods available?
- What documents do I need for the HELB Loan Application?
- Can I apply for the subsequent loan if I’m a first-time applicant?
- What is the maximum loan amount for the subsequent loan?
Do not worry if this is your first time learning about the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) or the online application process; I will properly guide you through it.
This article shares the prerequisites, the opening and closing dates, success strategies, and other pertinent details for HELB student portal loan applications.
HELB Loan Application Form 2023/2024
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a commission that was created to provide support to students who may be experiencing financial difficulties and require assistance.
If you would like to apply, check the requirements first, then follow the instructions on this page to fill out the application form, which is free. To ensure complete understanding, we would also look into the following queries, which prospective candidates have recently been asking.
- What are the requirements for a HELB loan application?
- HELB Loan Application Deadline 2022
- Is the HELB Portal Open for the 2022 Application?
- Is the HELB Application Still Ongoing in 2022?
Requirements for HELB Loan Application 2023
Are you inquiring about the prerequisites for submitting a HELB application? Before completing the HELB application form, be aware of the following.
- A copy of the Applicant’s National ID Card
- copies of the parent’s death certificates or National ID cards in cases where the parents have passed away
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter and KCSE result slip/certificate
- a copy of the applicant’s bank card or ATM (only for students receiving government sponsorship)
- A copy of the applicant’s Smart Card from the institution
- One recent passport-sized photo of the candidate.
- How to apply on the HELB App as a second and Subsequent applicant
- The HELB Mobile Application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store by applicants.
You May Also Check
- SMEDAN Loan Registration Portal Login 2023
- NDE Loan Application Portal 2023/2024
- Trader Moni Loan Registration Login Portal 2023/2024
- SEIFAC Loan Shortlisted Candidates 2023 Check PDF List
- CBN Ties Loan Application Portal Is Open: Apply Now
- How to Apply for NYIF Loan Empowerment Programme 2023
- The Money Shop Loans Online – UK Personal Loans
- Apply For the Federal Mortgage Loan Application 2023/2024
- Brookstone Cash Loans Reviews |Quick Loans Online
- CBN Agric Loan Application Form Portal 2023 Is Open – APPLY HERE
Using the HELB App, register your information (first name, phone number, email address, national ID, and KRA PIN) to create a PIN that you will need to accept the license agreement and log in.
Examine the required financial literacy materials and complete a quick Q&A to understand the goal of credit. Click “proceed” after viewing the results by swiping down.
To download the Undergraduate Subsequent Loan Application Form [LAF], click on loans and then choose undergraduate loans.
Follow each step to fill in the required details and submit. A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed
Note: You will be required to pay Kshs. 1 from your MPESA account during the application process to verify your telephone number. Note that there is no need for printing as the application is paperless.
Students who do not have a Safaricom subscription will be redirected to the portal, where they must fill out the application. They must then print and deliver the form to the HELB Student Service Center located on the first-floor mezzanine of Anniversary Towers.
These are the essential documents that give you eligibility for Higher Education Loans Board benefits.
Is the HELB Portal open for the 2023 Application?
No, loan applications are not currently accepted through the HELB registration portal at www.helb.co.ke. Thus, if you are interested in applying and you meet the requirements above, return to this page periodically for updates.
Is the HELB Loan Application Still Ongoing 2023?
No, the student application period for the Higher Education Loans Board for 2023 has begun and concluded. Interested persons should always revert to this page so they can find out when registration is ongoing again.
How to Apply for HELB Student Loan 2023
Please fill out and submit the HELB loan application by following the instructions below.
- To register, go to our website, www.helb.co.ke, to access the Student Portal, and select “create an account.”
- Once the account is created, log in and select the appropriate Undergraduate First Time Loan Application Form [LAF].
- Take part in the quick online exercise and read the books or watch the videos on financial literacy.
- Open the loan application and complete it.
- Print two (2) fully completed copies of the loan application (required).
- Get the relevant authorities to properly fill out, sign, and stamp the forms.
Present a copy of the completed HELB Loan Application Form at the following location, along with all the documents listed on the checklist:
- Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and secure delivery; or
- HELB Student Service Center, University Way, Nairobi, Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers
- Keep an accurate copy of the loan application (this is required).
Please make sure you read, comprehend, and abide by the guidelines given at the start of the online loan application process. These guidelines include reading the HELB Financial Literacy Program and doing so.
After HELB loans are disbursed, it is advised that students manage them carefully to pay for tuition, books, stationery, housing, and food.
HELB Loan Application Deadline 2023
The HELB student loan application closed on Saturday, September 30, 2023. Please bookmark this page to get updates on your subsequent HELB loan application if you did not apply on or before this date.
Who is eligible for a HELB Subsequent Loan?
To qualify, you must be a Kenyan citizen, enrolled in an accredited university, college, or TVET institute, and have previously received a HELB loan.
If you meet these requirements, you are eligible to apply for the next HELB application.
What are the application methods available?
Using the HELB Student Portal, the HELB Mobile App, or the USSD code (*642#), you can determine if you qualify for a HELB loan application.
What documents do I need for the HELB Loan Application?
You’ll need accurate personal details, including your national ID, KRA PIN, university details, and academic information.
Can I apply for the subsequent loan if I’m a first-time applicant?
No, this guide is specifically for second-time and subsequent applicants who have already benefited from HELB loans.
What is the maximum loan amount for the subsequent loan?
Kshs. 60,000 is the maximum amount that can be granted as an Undergraduate Loan.
Please let us know in the comments section below if there is anything you do not understand or if you would like more information. We will be happy to help you right away.