Take your studies to the next level and further your Ph.D. program in Singapore. Now, a transnational student can apply for a fully sponsored scholarship by the Government of Singapore. Also, you can enroll with SINGA (Singapore International Graduate Award), create international connections, and take your research to a greater level.
Do not worry about how to start. Browse through to learn about the Scholarship scheme and how you can apply.
About the Singapore Government Scholarship
The Singapore Government scholarship is a funded program by the Singapore Government. It is a scheme to help students further their education.
Singapore has direct access to some of the Asia Pacific regions’ fastest-growing economies. And with SINGA, you can complete your Ph.D. in Singapore, build a global network, and advance your research work.
Moreover, the Ph.D. program at the A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU will be in English. Students will get the chance to enjoy full assistance from known researchers in the lab. Students who complete the program will receive a Ph.D. from NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU.
Benefits of the Government Singapore Scholarship
Studying in Singapore has its benefits. You can enjoy these benefits only as a student.
The award offers a four-year backing for Ph.D. with:
- Schooling fee
- A monthly allowance of S$2,200, and this amount will rise to S$2,700 when they pass the qualifying examination.
- A one-time gift of up to S$1,500 for travel
- $1,000 as a one-time settling-in bonus
Eligibilities For the Government Scholarship In Singapore
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Good ratings from academic referees
- Available to all international graduates who have excelled academically and have a desire for research
SINGA is mainly for international students starting their studies in Singapore. Singaporeans and abroad students that have studied in Singapore can not apply.
SINGA offers to fund Ph.D. programs in the physical sciences, engineering, and computer and information sciences.
Students from different countries can apply for the scholarship program. Location is in no way a barrier. It is available to all countries.
How to Apply for a Scholarship in Singapore
Follow the procedures carefully to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the official site to check the project you desire
- Provide your full documents with a passport
- All transcripts must be in English.
Before you proceed, check out the mandatory required documents:
- Academic transcripts for a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- At least two(2) recommendation reports. The referees are to submit it online.
- Candidates applying to NUS supervisors or projects must include their GRE results in their SINGA application.
- For all other candidates, the university may ask you to provide acceptable GRE scores as part of the admissions process.
- The institution may later request the submission of IELTS, TOEFL, SAT I & II, and GATE results for admission.
Applicant should note the information below:
- Ensure to give accurate information while creating an account in the application portal, as they will use the information to verify your identity when you first log in.
- After logging in, make sure you apply for the correct scholarship, “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA),” on the application site.
- Do not send any hard copies of documents to the SINGA office by e-mail.
- Submit your application on time. It will give your referees plenty of time to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline.
- Cross-check your date before you submit.
- Click on the apply now link.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for application will be on 1st December 2022.