Study your dream course abroad and take your education to a higher level. The Gates scholarship program is available to international students who wish to further their education abroad. Plus, it is a fully funded program. Apply for the ongoing scholarship program and secure the chance to study at the United States University.
Browse through to learn about the program and how you can begin your online application.
What is Gates Scholarship?
The Gates Scholarship is a program for high-performing students from poor backgrounds. It is a highly competitive, last-minute scholarship. The scholarship is given out annually to outstanding student leaders with the goal of assisting them in reaching their full potential. In order to ensure that Scholars have access to the resources and services they require from the first to the last day of classes, through graduation and the transfer to their chosen profession, the Gates Scholarship will continue to support them. It will do this by interacting with them and their institutions in a number of ways.
Bill and Melinda Gates is the creator of this competitive scholarship program. They launched the program in 2017 with the simple goal of supporting minority students to reach their potential.
Benefits Of The Bill Gates Scholarship
Lucky abroad students who enroll in the program will enjoy full support. These scholars will have lots of benefits to enjoy during their stay abroad. Below are the benefits of the program:
- Schooling Fee
- Transportation may include other personal expenses.
In agreement with the Free Application for Federal Student Help (FAFSA) or the criteria utilized by the Scholar’s college or university, Scholars will get financing for the cost of attendance that other financial aids have not paid and the anticipated family contribution.
Bill Gates Scholarships Requirements
To apply for the scholarship and study in the united states, students must take notice of the requirements involved.
A student who wishes to apply must:
- A high school senior
- Come from African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American
- A United States citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with at least cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Furthermore, a student must plan to enlist full-time in a four-year degree course at a private, public, or not-for-profit university in the US that has received US accreditation.
Gates Scholarship Ideal Candidates
Check out the ideal candidates for the scholarship:
- A stellar high school scholastic record (being in the top 10% of their graduating class)
- Showed leadership potential
- Exceptional personal success abilities like persistence
How To Apply For The Gates scholarships
You can apply for the scholarship easily if you follow the guides. The process is straightforward and quick.
Follow the simple guidelines below to apply for the scholarship:
- To begin your application, Visit the official site.
- Click on Apply now
- Provide your information in the online form
- Attach the required document
- And, Submit
Application Deadline For The Gates Scholarship
Currently, the online portal is still open for candidates to apply. We advise students to submit their applications for easy evaluation. The deadline for application will be on September 15. Check the rundown of the program below:
- Available –July 15
- Deadline — September 15
- Semifinalist phase — December – January
- Selection —– April
- Award —- July – September
You can check other programs:
- Fulbright Scholarship Program | Fully Funded | Apply
- 2023 Yale University Scholarships | Online Application
- Stanford University Scholarships | Fully Funded
- Harvard University Online Free Course