Are you a high school graduate? You can now apply for the Benacquisto Florida Scholarships at the Florida university and enjoy the benefit. It is a fully funded program. You do not have to spend much to begin your program. Meet the requirements and enroll in the National merit scholarships.
Get all the detailed information about the Benacquisto Scholarships and the application process.
About Benacquisto Florida Scholarships
The Benacquisto Scholarship program is a merit award available to high school grads called National Merit Scholars. The amount of the scholarship given to qualified scholars will be the institutional cost of attendance for an in-state student less the amount of the National Merit Award and Bright Futures.
National Merit Scholarship Sponsors
Although several colleges in Florida are eligible, just nine of them are College Sponsors with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation for the 2022–23 school year:
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida International University
- Florida State University
- New College of Florida
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of Miami
- University of South Florida
Scholars will take any above-listed university as their first choice before answering to the National merit scholarship corporation. Once the National Merit Scholarship Corporation has sent out an offer, the student will not be able to change the institution’s appointment.
What Does Benacquisto Scholarship Cover?
The COA, which may include but is not limited to the following, is the total projected cost of attending college full-time per term:
- Tuition & fees,
- On-campus room & board,
- Books, supplies
- Plus, travel and miscellaneous costs.
Florida Benacquisto Scholarship Requirements
To qualify for the program as a student, check out the general requirements of the award program below:
- Be a citizen of the U.S or an eligible noncitizen(as determined by the institution). Enroll at an approved, regionally accredited, public, or independent Florida post-secondary institution.
- Enroll in a baccalaureate degree program full-time (minimum 12 credits each term or quarter equivalent).
But if a Florida resident student wants to get initial support, they must:
- Obtain Florida high school diploma or the equivalent. (Except if the student completes a home education program or obtains a high school diploma from a non-Florida high school while residing with a parent on military or government assignment outside of Florida.)
- Be a National Merit Scholar in 2022.
- Enroll in a Florida post-secondary institution that accepts your application in the fall of 2022–2023 after you finish high school.
Benacquisto Scholarship Renewal Requirements
You do not need an application to renew the award. Each academic year’s second semester, third quarter, or equivalent determines whether a student is eligible for renewal.
An award winner will possess the following:
- Earn credit for all hours enrolled by the end of the regular drop or add period each term.
- Accumulated a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply For Benacquisto Scholarship Program
To swiftly apply for the scholarship program, meet the requirements, provide the required documents (if any), and gently complete your application form.
Go to the official website to begin your application.
Benacquisto Florida Scholarships Disbursement
Each term, the post-secondary school will give rewards to qualified students.
Awards for the summer are not yet accessible.
Other Scholarship Programs
- 2023 Bright Future Florida Scholarship | Requirements
- QueenMary’s Deepmind Scholarship Award-2022
- 2023 Yale University Scholarships | Online Application
- Fulbright Scholarship Program | Fully Funded | Apply
- 2022/23 Clark University Scholarships | Fully Funded